Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Present of the Present

Well, since it’s Christmas, I thought it only fitting that I should look at another gift that God gives us. That is the gift of the Present. Right now is where we can enjoy the peace that God gives us. Not in the past or in the future, only right now.

Too many times I find myself worrying about what is going to happen in the future or re-hashing what has happened in the past. There is nothing wrong with mulling over what has happened in the past. Especially if it concerns making things right. But I can’t spend all my time there. If I do then I miss out on what God is doing in my life right now. It is also good to think about the future and make goals to give me something to strive for. But if I spend all of my time there, once again I miss out on what God is doing right now.

Sometimes I worry about only having a small amount of money in my wallet till payday. And I’m not grateful that I have money in my wallet right now. I don’t know what the future may bring but right now I’m okay. I need to think about how good it is right now rather than to worry about what it could be. I don’t know what the future holds, but God does.
But at this moment I have food, clothes, money, and a place to live. I have a wonderful wife and 2 great kids. Things are really better than I deserve.

What are you thinking about right now? The Bible says in James 1: 17 that everything that is good and perfect comes from God. Can you see anything good in your life right now? If so then know that God is working in your life right now. The time is now. It is the only place that you can enjoy the Presence of God.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Pressing On With Excellence,
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment