Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Look Back

This has been the hardest blog for me to write because I want to stay positive, but I know that there has been a lot of people that have gone through some rough times this year.

Well now that we’ve talked about staying in the moment in the last post, and because it is coming upon a new year, I want to look back a little at the past year. Maybe it didn’t turn out the way you thought it would.

But I also know if you look hard enough you can find good. Pain can be good sometimes. God uses it to draw us to himself. Have you gone through some pain this past year? Did you take that pain to the Great Physician? He wants to heal your pain and bandage your wounds.

I had an over all good year this year. I was able to meet some goals that I had made at the end of last year. I pushed myself further than I thought I could go. I took up a new hobby that I never thought I would. I was able to get in the best physical condition of my life as an adult. And I paid off some debts.

After that I injured my back and was off work for 2 months. So, I had a little of both good and bad. I believe the good has outweighed the bad. I’m sure that I know God better now than I ever have in the past.

I sometimes think that God wants to be involved in the good in our lives. It’s easy to run to God during the bad times, but do you include him in the good times as well? Thank Him for all that he does. Have you ever praised God in the bad times? It’s hard to do and seems counterintuitive, but I believe that God wants us to. For me it seems weird, but if I trust and praise him in the bad times I don’t have to stay in the pain as long. God is God and he allows us to experience pain. When we learn to run to God in our pain, it helps us to have empathy for others and to grow closer to God.

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” 2Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV)

Keep watching, God has good things ahead.

Pressing On With Excellence,
Keith

2 comments:

  1. like to say thanks for your words of inspiration,..an i agree with some pain being good, while i was layin in hospital wondering why,why,why me, i realized how blessed i was to be able to feel the pain,.the will of god will not take you, where the grace of god wont protect you,.the pain was there to let me know my leg was still there, an with every step i take towards our god the eiser the pain becomes,. i read somewhere a quote that has stuck with me an maybe will help others " i once cried over having no shoes,. until i met a man with no feet",...{empathy for others is rite},. i look forward to future post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Buddy for your comment ! I appreciate any feedback I get talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete