Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Choice

Once you believe that there is a loving, forgiving God then you have to make a choice. Do I go back to the former life that I was living or do I allow God to set the direction of my life? If you are anything like me and you truly have the gift of desperation there is really only one choice and it’s time to choose. That is it. Just turn your will and life over to God. Here’s the way I look at it. My best choices got me to this point so far and it didn’t work out so well for me. I will make this choice and see what happens. If it goes well, then good. If it doesn’t, then I can always go back. I can get a refund of my misery and I won’t miss out on anything. I really don’t have anything to lose.

How do you know when you have made this choice? You have some peace and serenity. Things don’t bother you as much. This is a process over and over, turning your will over to God. You can and should use these three tools together. Use the desperation to drive you to forgive others, ask forgiveness of yourself from God, and forgive yourself. Then choose to turn your will over to God. Simplified version is:  I can’t, He can and I think I will let him. Every day of our lives we have to do this and the more we do this, the easier it becomes and the more peace you will have. Over time it will become second nature but for now you have to practice it.

Let go and let God.

Pressing On With Excellence,
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment