Saturday, June 4, 2011

Share Abundance

What do you need to succeed? This is going to sound weird, but I believe that in some situations a person needs to give himself permission to succeed.

If I have a scarcity mindset, then I may think that someone won't be able to succeed if I do, or that if someone succeeds, then I won't. This is also a self-centered or self-focused mindset. I'll give you an example...say that there's a nice pond that I know of and I see someone bowfishing on that pond. I watch him for a while and realize that he's not seeing any fish. With bowfishing you have to be able to see them. He doesn't know where they hang out, but I do and I don't tell him. Let's go one step further. Say I don't even have the fishing equipment to go bowfishing, so there's no way that I can be successful anyway, but I still don't tell him where the fish are. How selfish is that? How do I even know that if I help him, maybe he's got some extra equipment and can help me get set up? How will I ever succeed at anything if I'm not willing to give a helping hand or share some things I know? If I'm
willing to help someone out, I can share in their success. I also believe that everything you do comes back to you sooner or later, good or bad. You can't succeed with a scarcity mindset.

Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Tell him where the fish are, have a friend for life.

Pressing On with Excellence,

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment