Friday, June 10, 2011

Break Down the Walls

Do you have walls up in your life? For a long time in my life I did have walls up. I did not even see them as walls. What I mean by that is, I had a lot of fear, worry, anxiety, and bitterness in my life. These were my walls. They kept me from really accomplishing anything. They kept me down and produced a cycle of gloom and impending doom. That, in itself, is a wall that blocks me from becoming what God wants me to be. I think that distractions like this are what Satan fed me to keep me from being effective. My pastor talked about the power of the Holy Spirit inside us, and how the Holy Spirit has the power to change us. But I believe that I get distracted by emotions or circumstances. These walls render me ineffective. This is what Satan wants. There's nothing better for Satan than a Christian that is tossed about like a sailor at sea in a big storm of emotions and circumstances, rendering him useless. How can I break through these walls?

The Holy Spirit has the power to do all good and great things. For me the wall that probably blocked me the most was the wall of unbelief. I didn't really believe that God would give me the power of the Holy Spirit. I thought I had to do these things on my own.

It takes time and a decision that I can't live this way anymore, and it takes mental discipline and a new way of thinking to break down the walls. Are you on this road yet? What are you waiting for? Are you making a difference in this world? Does the way you think and the way you act bring glory to God? Are you ready to break down some walls?

Pressing on with Excellence,

Keith

3 comments:

  1. Good Thinking! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great kieth...you have a nice way of using words to convey a message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ,
    I think the more I write the better and clearer I get. Also it was good to see you all In church today.

    ReplyDelete