Sunday, February 5, 2017

Its a relationship

I have been talking with some coworkers this week; talking about religious traditions. While I like some of the different traditions, what is most important to me is a relationship with God. Without a relationship with God my religion is nothing. I cannot change anything in my life without His power. I cannot gain His power without a relationship with Him. God wants a relationship with us more than anything. He made us for that reason. Not to be a robot that is programmed to love Him, but to freely choose him, freely choose to love Him. When we do, this life takes on a whole new meaning. Change is a result of choosing to love Him. This is the only way to lasting change in your life. Everything else revolves around this. Romans 8:6 says the mind of sinful man is death but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace. How can your mind be controlled by the Spirit if there is no relationship?  How can you trust enough to allow your mind to be controlled by the Spirit without a relationship?Why would you even want this without a relationship?

Taking it to the street:
1) Ask yourself if you really want a relationship with God?
2) Ask Him to show you how much He wants a relationship with you.

Pressing on with excellence!!
 Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment