Saturday, May 18, 2013

Change your world II


Do you think it is possible to believe in Christ and be baptized and still not have the power of the Holy Spirit in your life?  I do, I also think it is biblical. Take a look at Acts 8: 9-24. What I want to look at here is what blocked these people from receiving the Spirit. Remember our quest was to find things that we can do to have the power of the Spirit in us. I think for Simon His first issue was pride. My version reads, "Now for some time a man named Simon had practiced sorcery in the city and amazed all the people of Samaria. He boasted that he was someone great." Verse 10, "This man is the divine power known as the Great Power" (NIV); the Great Power. I think it could have even been his fault that they all didn't receive the Spirit right then. Later, in vs 23, Peter says, "For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin." (NIV) These two things, pride and bitterness, will keep you captive to sin. Also, I think they will block you from the power of the Holy Spirit. So here are two things that could, and potentially do, block us off from the Spirit. Do you have pride or bitterness?  Ask God to show you if have these. The first part of change is realizing that you need to change. 
Pressing on with excellence!!
Keith

    

No comments:

Post a Comment