Sunday, March 23, 2014

Defeated Christian


With faith, you can be free. With fear you are defeated. I lived a long time as a defeated Christian. I was saved, but I believed only to a certain point. I had corrupted beliefs that inhibited me from being free in Christ. So, I was right where Satan wanted me; defeated, not making a difference in anyone's life, not being able to change anything in my own life. You would hear me say things like...I can't do this, because I don't have any money. Or, I can't do that because I'm not smart enough or good enough or whatever. The truth is, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13).  But, with faith you can be free! When you really believe that the God who created the universe really loves you, you don't have to worry about anything. You can know that he will take care of you, that where you are is exactly where you are supposed to be. You can know that, if you're still breathing, God has a mission for you! You don't have to worry about gas prices or whether you going to have enough to eat or really anything. The way you think about life changes. You are free from that old scarcity mind set. The old things have passed away and all things are new. Now that we are Christians, we have to do away with that old way of thinking or we will be right where Satan want us...as a defeated Christian.

Taking it to the street:

1) Ask God to help you to see the truth.
2) Make a list of 10 things that you are thankful for.

Pressing on with excellence!!
Keith
.

No comments:

Post a Comment