Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Selfless


In the last few blogs we have been looking at what blocks us from receiving the Holy Spirit. I want to take a different look at this subject. I want to look at things that we can do to be controlled by the Spirit. My life verse, Romans 8:6, says, "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace." All of my life I have been longing to have peace even though I did not know what name to give it. I knew what it felt like, but the peace I was receiving was fleeting. But I have found it and it is here most of the time. The only time now that I lose my peace is when I get into self and forget about being controlled by the Spirit. Selfishness and self-centeredness is my biggest block from seeing the Holy Spirit's power in my life. So, if I'm selfless and others focused, then I eliminate my biggest block; ME. So, the next few blogs will be about what we can do to have our minds controlled by The Holy Spirit.
Pressing on with excellence!!
Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment